The Upside-down cake is entirely original. I’m very proud!!!
Apple Upside-down Cake with a Surprise
1 15 oz. can of chickpeas/garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed well
1 rounded tsp. baking powder
Choice of: large spoonful of mayo or sour cream or ½ stick of butter to moisten the cake
8 packets stevia or ½ cup of sugar
1 large HFC free can of apple pie filling
1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. Puree beans in food processor until a paste.
3. Add eggs, baking powder, moistening agent, sweetening, and cinnamon.
4. Spray casserole dish with cooking spray and then place parchment or wax paper on top with additional spray.
5. Spread pie filling on bottom of pan.
6. Layer cake batter on top of pie filling.
7. Bake cake for 20-25 minutes. Serve!
Chinese Style Bean Curd Steamed Buns
1 and ¼ c. flour
1 and ¼ tsp. baking powder
2 heaping tbl. Vegetable shortening
2 packets stevia
1 15oz. can of great northern or black beans, rinsed and drained.
2 tbl. olive or coconut oil
1 c. nutella
1 tbl. Cocoa powder
4 packets stevia
1. Combine flour, baking powder, and stevia in bowl. Knead in vegetable shortening until dispersed evenly.
2. Roll dough into ball and sit covered in bowl for 20 minutes.
3. In the meantime, puree the beans into a paste in food processor and then combine other ingredients in processor.
4. After 20 minutes roll out the dough into small pieces and place a piece of filling in the center.
5. Bring water to a boil in pot, and reduce heat to medium; the water should still be boiling. Place steam-plate on a small wire rack in the middle of the wok. Transfer as many buns on wax paper as will comfortably fit onto steam-plate. Cover wok with lid. Steam buns over boiling water for 15 minutes.